Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Trouble Making Friends & MIL Drama

It's so hard making friends these days. I'm a mom now and can't afford to go to the club or bar to drink and party like other women my age (21). I love being a mom and it's what I do. It's just hard even making friends with moms too. I parent differently and follow alot of natural ways of parenting. Most of the mom's I know formula feed, use CIO, & other main stream ways of parenting. I just don't fit in. I know I never fit in in HS but now parenting? It's like I was destine to NEVER fit in. Which is fine but I wish I had a better support group. I even tried meeting people in the area who also breastfed and I still can't make friends. It's like no one likes me. I want to meet more people and enjoy life but it seems it's just me and my little family. Alone. I can't even get along with my husband's family right now. :(

My mother in-law had a huge fight about 2 weeks ago and it seems she has forgotten what horrible things she has said to me. She acts very two faced to me now. Like she uses me to see my son and drool all over how cute he is. She sometimes even forgets Logan is MY son not her's which can be hard.

She said some very nasty things to me when I called her 2 or 3 weeks ago for support with Matthew dealing with his PTSD. She took it as I was complaining about her son. She blamed me for him being forced out of the Navy in December. She blamed me for Matt acting differently since 2010. She says he has never been a violent person and says I made him violent. She kept going on and on about me. She told me just to divorce him and move out. She wouldn't hear me out about getting Matt help from the family. She just said oh well I wish there was something I could do. Which I was asking for her help. She annoys me like no other but to sit there and put me down for asking for help was messed up! She even told me to quite breastfeeding so I can take my meds again because she claimed I was crazy. How dare her! I love breastfeeding my son. Knowing he is getting the best and natural thing is an amazing feeling. I also just love nursing him. It calms me down too. She doesn't understand how much she upset me. I am still very angry and wish I could tell her how much it hurt me. I even kept my son away from her for a few weeks up until last night. I had to bite my tongue so many times because I wanted to flip on her. My mom suggested I write her a letter and send it in the mail which I can do and will be doing. Just gotta find time to do it then.

My in-laws are VERY judgmental and still don't want to understand how I parent and do things. They say nasty things about the whole vaccine topic and attachment parenting. Ugh Anyone else feel the same way about their in-laws? Any advice? And anyone interested in becoming friends or want to make friends. Feel free to email me or comment and we can chat and get to know each other! :)

-Corissa Marie <3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p">

0 Comments: