Monday, March 25, 2013

Becoming Organic Eaters...

So recently we decided to stop coming up with excuses and just buy better food. We are trying to get away from GMOs & chemicals in school. We have stopped eating lots of processed food this past year but we never went full Organic. Well the time has come. We made the official switch. We bought all natural & organic meat, organic snacks, organic baby food, organic milk, organic produce, & organic condiments. We also bought organic cleaning supplies this past week. We never tried them before & I love it! We do buy some mainstream grocry items like Turkey Hill tea (it's local for us), bread, & certain other items. We don't buy processed frozen food anymore either. We moving closer & closer to be 100% organic. We are at 90% right now. This summer I plan to go to my local farmer's market in Hershey. I want to buy local produce & look at buying local meat too. I'm excited! I want to feed my family only the best food. I have learned so much about our food industry lately. I thank a lot of documentaries for opening up my eyes to what is in our food. Food Inc, Forks Over Knives, Place At The Table, & Food Matters. I encourage everyone to check out each movie. They are life changing!!! It made me aware of what I'm putting into my body when it came to brushing my teeth, to the chemicals I clean with. We have found some very awesome organic products that we are now in love with. The grass fed ground beef (USDA Organic) was awesome! It browned nice on the stove & had so much less fat. I was pleased. It tasted so real too. We found this awesome brand called Back to Nature & they have Fudge Mint cookies that taste just like Girl Scout cookies Thin Mints! OMG amazing! Logan loves this one brand Annie's Homegrown that makes Graham Cracker little ducks that taste so good. & not much sugar at all. Win! So over I'm please with the switch. I know Changing our eating habits is what is best for our family. I want Logan to grow up healthy & not over weight with health issues. Just doing the best for my family! :)

0 Comments: