Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Cloth Diaper Update: New Diapers!

We have recently upgraded to a much better brand that is well known & has great reviews from other cloth diaper parents. The Sunbaby's were just not cutting it. This past batch I ordered from the Co-op I had so many issues. Snaps falling off, stitching messed up, & rips on the inter fabric. I have a large rotation of Sunbaby so it really shouldn't have been happening. So we took some tax refund money & put in an order for 24 BumGenius diapers. I decided to keep 10 of the 40 something stash of Sunbaby's & sell the rest on the Buy/Sell/Trade page. It was hard to just pick 10 since I love the prints & am sad BG doesn't have that many prints but we needed a fresh start. The diapers came last Friday & I couldn't be happier! They fit Logan great, are much durable, & over all amazing! I'm thankful we were able to do it! Now to just sell all these Sunbaby diapers & inserts. I have managed to sell almost all of them in one week. 10 left as I type this.

   I used the BumGenius detergent sample I got with my diapers. It's decent. It doesn't have a smell & I didn't notice much difference between Rockin' Green. So I'm not switching anytime soon unless I run into any issues. I really love these diapers for Logan. He looks so cute in all the pastel colors. We even got a white diaper. He has never had a white cloth diaper before. I had to take a second look because it look like he was wearing a regular diaper. Logan could be a cloth diaper model that's how cute he is! I have done about 5 loads of the BG's and haven't found anything I dislike about them. I love knowing I'm still saving the environment from all those nasty disposables with chemicals that take 400 years to decompose. It's gross knowing my diapers are still in a landfill from when I was a baby. How gross?!? I am also switching to cloth wipes soon. I'm ready to take on more cloth! Goodbye useless disposable wipes. I have already gotten rid of napkins, paper towels, & paper plates. I just told myself I'm saving money for my family by using cloth & not buying wasteful paper products. I could never go as far as cloth TP. Never! LOL

 My cloth diaper stash is about 37 now. I bought 3 more BG's since I wanted a couple special prints & the bright green I was missing since CottonBabies was sold out. I am in love with cloth & hopefully I never have to buy disposables again (minus long trips). Even future babies will be in cloth. I can't wait to have more fluffy butt babies!!

-The Opinionated Crunchy Mama


0 Comments: