Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Marine Story/Gay Rights

I recently was on Netflix on my Xbox 360 looking up movie and browsing around. I came across this movie and decided to watch it. A Marine Story is a 2010 drama film written and directed by Ned Farr about the United States military's "Don't ask, don't tell" (DADT) policy on gay, lesbian and bisexual people serving in the armed forces. Alexandra Everett, a decorated Marine officer (Dreya Weber) unexpectedly returns home from the Iraq war and is quickly recruited to help Saffron (Paris P. Pickard), a troubled teen prepare for boot camp. However, when the true reasons for the Alexandra's return become known, it threatens the future for both of them. It is an amazing movie. I rate it 5 stars. Deff gonna be buying this for my DVD collection. 


I'm all about equal rights and wanting freedom for the gays, lesbians, and bisexuals in our military. DADT is a VERY discriminatory policy. It makes these people live in hiding. If they get found out they face getting discharged and ending their military career forever. I have signed so many petitions and have done so much work to get this policy repealed. It is currently repealed but not set in stone. Hopefully soon these people will be free to love who ever they want and marry who every they want. Love does not choose a gender. We have no control over who we fall in love with. We do not choose our sexual orientation. We are born the way we are born. 'God' has nothing to do with this. Homosexuality is a natural thing and is natural in animals. It's a fact. I will always strongly support LGBT rights because I am Bisexual and it's just the way I am. I like women and men. I may be married to a man and expecting my first child but I am still bisexual. Nothing will ever change that. It's who I am. 


-Corissa Marie <3

0 Comments: