Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Love Of My Life!

First Week Dating. :) 
           Hubby is still out to sea but I felt like blogging about him. Our 2 year wedding anniversary is coming up on the 11th of August. And I'm excited to be with him and celebrate our day. I just can't believe it's been two years. I feel like we just got married. Our story starts back in April of 2009. He just turned 22 and I was 18. We met online through friends. We were both firefighters in Dauphin County, PA. He was in the Navy and training for his IA deployment. We texted back and forth while he was stationed at Ft. Dix, NJ. He always texted me the sweetest things. We then met on April 26th. He was home on leave for two weeks. He invited me to his firehouse to hang out and then later go out to dinner. I remember my dad dropping me off at Colonial Park Fire Co. at like noon. He came out giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. We spent time at the firehouse and then around 5pm or so we went to Friendly's for dinner. When we were seated at a booth deciding on dinner we would look at each other and smile. He just make me smile. I couldn't help it. It was something I'll never forget. During or dinner he got a fire call. He didn't go but we listened in on his pager. It was a structure fire at a church on Union Deposit rd. Alot of crews were due on that call. We finished dinner and when back to his fire station. No one was there but a few people who missed the call. Then his chief asked him and another guy to bring some tarp and more man power. So I was left at the station alone. I ended up waiting upstairs for an hour or two until calling my dad to pick me up. I completely understood why he went. I wasn't mad at him I knew what it was like to run fire calls. We spent everyday together after that. I went with him to his fire company banquet where he wore his dress whites. He was so handsome! He ended up proposing to me on the front of Truck 33. He was just the sweetest guy ever. He had to be back in NJ a few days later. I was upset to leave him but I knew I wasn't gonna leave him. He was my boyfriend at the time. My everything.
Day We Got Married. (8/11/09)
          He was gone for a month in NJ. His mission was to deploy but they were having issues with it. They didn't have a set date. He then gets a call saying he isn't getting deployed and that he can go home to his home port of Norfolk, VA. I end up following him to VA. We stayed in the hotel/barracks on base for a good month or so. We didn't know how long he was gonna be down there so we didn't get an apartment right away. He wasn't working on his ship since his ship was deployed at the time. He did odd jobs and was off at like 2-3pm everyday. He came by for lunch everyday to spend time with me. We decided to get married. We never spoke to it with our parents before we did it. We just went with our hearts. We went to the courthouse in Norfolk and got married on Aug, 11th 2009. We only knew each other for a good 4 months. But when you meet that someone you just know they're the one. I don't care what people say. It was the best thing to ever happen to me. Matthew changed my life forever. He is my best friend, my lover, my husband, my everything. I wouldn't want it any other way. He is my soul mate.
         7 days after we got married Matthew got a phone saying he was back on the list to get deployed and that he had 10 days to get back to Ft. Dix, NJ. I was upset beyond belief. I was like we just got married, he can't deploy now. So 10 days later we took him to NJ. It was the hardest thing I ever did at that time in my life. I was young and married and my Sailor was about to deploy. I was worried. They ended up getting deployed to an island of the coast of Africa. It was rough for him and his unit. He was deployed for 9 whole months. I didn't get to see him until May '10. We picked him up from the airport on NAS Norfolk. I was so happy to have the love of my life back! We had issues in the beginning because we had to find an apartment, move our stuff, and start our married life. It was so weird to be going to bed with a man again and snuggling and feeling loved. I wasn't used to it but I sure loved it!
I LOVE THIS MAN!
     Since then Matt and I have came a long way since getting married. We have been threw hard times where we were having problems and going to counseling. But since we found out I'm pregnant it drew us closer together. Like we act so different and sweet. I am falling for him again so bad. If we weren't married I'd so wanna marry him again! We are falling back in love and I couldn't be happier. I love my husband sooo much! Just having him out to sea for a week is killing me cuz I'm more emotional now and it's hard with him being gone a day let alone a week. I'm just so glad were more in love than ever. He is the one for me. No doubt about it. I can't seem myself with another else.


-Corissa Marie <3

0 Comments: