Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Logan is Two Weeks Old Already!

Proud New Mommy!
       So I have spent my first two weeks as a mom. It has been so amazing to wake up every day and see my handsome little boy. I just can't believe he's two weeks old already! It seems like yesterday that he was born. I have gotten to know my little man so much. His cute little faces he makes is so adorable. He cracks us up. My husband changes alot of diapers and helps out as much as possible. It's so nice to have him home to help me. It's deff not easy taking care of a baby. I've had my fair share of times where I was so over whelmed. I wasn't sure I could really do it.

        Breastfeeding has been an adventure for me. Teaching him how he needs to latch on wasn't so bad. He was learning. By the 3rd or 4th day I was getting so engorged that he didn't even want to nurse from me. It was so difficult to deal with. I was like "Should I just give up?" But I kept going. I had to pump to feed him. He wouldn't nurse no matter what I did. We were able to rent a very nice pump from the hospital so I was able to feed him. It was a pain in the butt to make sure I had a bottle or two ready by the next feeding. I hated how engorged my breasts had gotten. I was still recovering from giving birth and man was I sore and swelled up everywhere. By a week after he was born my breasts were back to normal and I was able to breastfeed him again. I was so thankful I didn't have to supplement with formula. So he hasn't had anything to eat but breast milk, which is awesome. He is a healthy little guy. Now nursing him isn't so bad. I enjoy the bond we share and the special time we share. Knowing I'm feeding him the best of the best make me feel so awesome. He needs me more than ever right now and I'm here for him. I am all about breastfeeding and breastfeeding in public. I want to educate people more and how natural breastfeeding really is. It's the best thing you can do for your baby in the first year. My mom breastfed all 3 of us kids. I remember more with my brother. I was 11 when he was born so I remember my mom feeding him on her lunch break when my dad would take him in to see her. I wish more young moms would at least give it a try. It's not easy in the beginning but well worth it. 

        My first two weeks have been pretty amazing. I realized alot after taking my bundle of joy home. I am someones mother. A lifeline to a little boy. My son is the best thing to ever happen to me. I'm very thankful to have him. I'm so glad he's healthy and I didn't have any complications with my pregnancy. I just love spending time with him. I still need to blog about labor & delivery before I forget details to those interesting 24 hours. So I will get to that soon. For now I will leave you with some more cute shots of my handsome baby boy!

Baby boy's outfit when we went out shopping. 
Grandma holding Logan.
Logan & Santa
Sleeping in my arms
Eyes Wide Open
First Trip To The Firehouse. 

-Corissa Marie <3


2 Comments:

Mrs. Duh said... [Reply]

Congratulations! He is a handsome little baby!

Kelsey said... [Reply]

Hey hun! You have been tagged by me to do questions! <3 I am excited to hear your responses and I really hope you decide to do it! :]
http://bearatsea.blogspot.com/