Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cloth Diapering/Natural Mothering

I have been cloth diapering my son for a little over a month now & I'm dedicated now! It's so EASY. It deff fits out lifestyle. I love knowing I have saved now maybe over 200 diapers from going into a landfill. They take hundreds of years to decompose! Thats insane! I'm glad I switched to cloth. It really is addictive! I catch myself on co-ops trying to score deals on diapers. I have to tell myself to chill out now since we are deff good on diapers now. Over all we have 54 Sunbaby's, 3 KaWaii's, & 2 Alvas. I just ordered 7 new Sunbaby prints from a co-op that I belong too. I had too! I can resell some of the ones I have that are doubles. Last week we had to use disposables for my Grandpa's funeral because of the outfit Logan was wearing. (It's too small for him if he wears cloth) Logan broke out in a rash. His skin deff hates chemicals. So we only use disposables if we have too. Poor baby. Since I have enough diapers now I only wash every other day. Sometimes everyday if I feel like it. I am still using Rockin' Green laundry detergent for cloth diapers, which I LOVE! It smells so good! It's really not a pain in the butt to cloth diaper as others have said. With me being home all the time it makes perfect sense to cloth diaper. 

People think I'm a crazy mom with all my natural parenting style but I don't care. To me it's just coming naturally. In the beginning I was scared to me a mom. I didn't know how I wanted to parent and just followed my parent's advice. Which now I realized I don't agree with their parenting style. Like spanking, "cry it out", and "you'll spoil him too much". I am my own person, with my own thoughts & feeling, & likes. This is who I am. SO parenting this way makes sense. It ain't a new "thing". It's been around since forever! 

I finally bought the book by Dr. Sears called "The Attachment Parenting Book". I have learned so much more about this style of parenting. I love how peaceful it is. Peaceful Parenting is more like it. I deff recommend this book to any parent or parent-to-be. I love the Dr. Sears books.


I have changed so much since becoming a mom back in December. This is who I am now. 
A MOM...

-Corissa Marie <3

0 Comments: