Thinking about alot today. Like reevaluating myself. I feel I'm not the best ME I can be. I guess my post from the other day was a but harsh and it upset some people. I don't want people to think they aren't good parents to their children. That's not what my post was about. It was more of me feel attacked for the choices I made for my family. I don't do 'normal' parenting which upsets some people. I have my husband's family telling me to stop co-sleeping with my son, pressuring me to put him on solids, & to let him 'cry it out'. It's just messed up that these people can't except my lifestyle change. Since becoming a mom I have re looked at my life and how I want to raise my son. So I have made some decisions that aren't the 'norm'. There are alot of parents who parent like me but to find them is a bit hard. I have met a bunch of mother's online who are non vaccine, breastfeeding, attachment parenting, & natural parents. I have maybe 3 friends on FB who agree & parent like I do. The rest do mainstream parenting & follow what pediatricians say. I didn't want people to read my posts and think they are horrible mother's for not parenting like I do. I just want parents to see the bad I have found in things and to rethink how they parent. I changed a few things around when we got our own apartment. I was able to buy better food, dairy free cocoanut milk, watch who holds my son (smoke free people), co-sleep, & breastfeed on demand. I also educated on vaccines more, car seat safety, & cloth diapers, You can ALWAYS change how you do things. You don't have to always parent like everyone else.
This post isn't about one person or certain people. It's just a post. I never post a vent post about one person. I don't want to come across as a bitch. I'm just a concerned mama making sure my son grows up strong & healthy.
-Corissa Marie <3
0 Comments:
Post a Comment