December 6th 2012 marked my son's first birthday and our breastfeeding accomplishment. In the beginning I set goals for Logan and I. I knew breastfeeding was a hit or miss thing and sometimes moms don't make it to a year. My first goal was 6 months then after 6 months was the 1 year mark. I'm so thankful we made it this far. He got everything he needed for his first year. I trusted my body to do what it was made to do. I'm not much of a believer in god but I had some sort of faith he would help us make it possible. Some women can't trust their bodies to feed their children. Some women don't have enough support and education to breastfeed. I did have my mom, a few select friends who breastfed, & a few Facebook support groups. If it wasn't for my determination, trust, & over all wanting the best for my son I wouldn't have made it this far. Another reason I kept going was after I learned the risks of formula. I wanted to make sure Logan had the best. To me this is a huge accomplishment for me. Young mom don't normally breastfeed. As seen on Teen Mom & 16 & pregnant. A lot of the moms who had babies around the same time I did only maybe a couple tried it. Those that did didn't breastfeed longer than 5 months or less. In the beginning for me I never thought I would get here. I had too many temptations to use formula since we got some when we left the hospital. Logan only had formula if I had to go out to an appointment or when I was having issues for the first month. Which wasn't all that often at all. After that I pumped & gained a stash. It's just amazing to say I breastfed my son the first year of his life and I'm only 22 year old. Pretty awesome.
Here is my sweet nursling on his first birthday. He still love mommy's milk over any other food. :)
-Corissa Marie

0 Comments:
Post a Comment