Monday, December 31, 2012

Refections & New Year's Resolutions 2013

As this year is coming to an end, I am looking back on the many accomplishments & exciting things that have happened this year. I can't believe 2012 is over. It seems like just yesterday it began. I still can't believe Logan is a year old already. This year has sure gone by FAST! This year I had a few good accomplishments. I finally finished my school work & received my High School Diploma. 3 years late but better than never. I thank Penn Foster High School for giving me a great opportunity. It's an online school to get your high school diploma & not a GED. I am so proud of myself. It's all done & over with. YAY! This year Logan turned a year old & it marked our one year breastfeeding goal. I am so proud of my body for being able to nourish my son for a year and still going strong! The power of the human body! I also am glad Logan loves to nurse and loves breast milk. Another big thing was my parenting choices. I chose to cloth diaper Logan at 5 months old. It was the best investment I have ever made! I love cloth diapering now. It's a huge money saver & so fun! I'm also trying to switch to more healthier foods & healthier products to use in our home. Going green is the way to go! 
This year also marked a few tragedies in my life. One big one was my Grandpa (my mom's dad) passing away this past June. It was very very hard on our family. I still search for him when we visit my Grandma's house. He is in a better place now & no longer in pain.
Another thing that happened in my life that wasn't so fun or glorious for me... I got arrested. I'm not going to go into detail but it was a huge wake up call for me. The charges are being dropped and it's down to really nothing. It's going to be wiped off my record. So no worries, thankfully. I learned my lesson & have moved on from it. It just make Matt & I's relationship so much stronger.
Sadly some people have walked out of life this year. Some friends & a few family members. It's sad. I have had friends just up and walk out of my life after finding out my different parenting choices. Most of them were uneducated in the topics & wouldn't listen to facts. Others were very jealous of my life and were having issues with themselves. One friend had a problem with me posting about my breastfeeding journey. Another was making up wild stories about me talking about her when I wasn't. It got dramatic & I don't stand for drama starters. People got butt hurt or jealous. It's really sad but it's just the way life is. It's just a sign telling us we need better people in our life. We are making room for people who care about us, love us no matter what, and don't use things against us. It's what is meant to be. 

Now onto New Year's Resolution's 2013 
Every year I try to come up with things I want to start doing or changes I need to make in my life. I really want to get into shape this year. I want to exercise more & get my body back. I want to finally feel good about myself. When my husband starts working here soon I want to start eating organic food & eat more healthier non-GMO foods. I want to better myself & my family. I also want to take up some sort of hobby. I'm not sure what that could be yet. Maybe sewing? I want to also learn how to make my own cloth diapers.Cool!! Who knows. I want to work on being a better person & making more like-minded friends. Another resolution is a bit private for me to talk about. My mother made me think tonight and for that this is where I say... I think I might look into having a religion. I used to say it wasn't for me but maybe it is with everything going on. We will see. :) 

I'm ready to put my past behind me & move on. It's time for a new start & changes for my life. I'm so ready! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
-MC

0 Comments: