I can't believe we hit the one year mark! One year ago I was in labor getting ready to welcome my first baby. My contractions started around 11:30am on December 5th 2011. I didn't know at the time what they were. I was like is this just cramping or the real deal. I tried counting them to find out but it was tricky for us. My husband was there to help me. I labored at home until about 9pm that night. We called the doctors office and informed them I thought I was having contractions. They told us to call them back when they got closer. Around 9pm I called them and they gave us the signal to come on into the hospital. I got there and they checked me out. I was 4 centimeters dilated by that time. They said they would keep me. It was 11pm and my contractions got more intense. My mommy was there to hold my hand and keep us some what sane. My mom & husband would switch out ever hour or so. One would sleep while one would hold my hand. I had some drugs at one point early in the AM while let me pass out for almost an hour to rest. I then got an epideral maybe 6am? Not so sure when. It helped except for one triangle in my pelvic area. I had really bad pelvic pain and the epideral did not help. I pushed for almost 4 hours. Logan was born at 11:03am December 6th 2012. Weighing 6 pounds 15.9 ounces & 19 inches long. He was a little guy. He had this cone head and a bump which went away in a few days.
I now regret alot of things with his birth. Being in a hospital for one wasn't a good experience at all. I felt I couldn't labor the way I wanted. I hated being stuck in a bed. I should have got a midwife and birthed in a birthing center. I regret letting Logan get his first and only vaccine. Which is the stupidest vaccines next to the chicken pox & flu vaccines. I regret cord clamping and him having the vernix washed off him so fast. I believe is the reason he got the baby acne stuff on his face. I regret allowing him to leave the room so much. I regret him sleeping in the nursery at night. And my biggest regret I could ever make with my beloved child was signing the papers to allow him to be circumcised. With being educated now I regret alot but you live and learn.
Logan was a huge inspiration for me. He made me research everything! He made me think before allowing the simplest things to be done to him. He made me go against the grain and to fight for what I believe in. He is the best thing to ever happen to me. I live for him! He is an amazing baby boy. He is such a smart and healthy baby boy! Gosh I love him to pieces!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment