
Hubby is on duty on the ship and I feel like blogging. My topic today is Dog Fighting. It came up the other night as I watched my Pittsburgh Steelers play the Philadelphia Eagles. My husband is a huge Steelers fan. I like football and I like the Steelers but football ain't everything to me. So like I was saying we were watching the game together and I happened to notice a player on the Eagles that I 'hate' and I mean I hate. I would normally never hate a person but this man makes me livid! I am talking about Michael Vick. On April 25, 2007 Police raided Vick's Virginia property and found several neglected pit bulls and evidence of dogfighting. And then on went to court and in December of 2009 he was sentenced to 23 months in federal prison. To me not enough time to think about what you did. He also said his apologies but to any animal lover it wasn't sincere enough. What he did to those Pit Bulls is beyond okay. As you can see in the picture above it's not pretty looking at all. This man lead an illegal dog fighting ring and bought a property just for it. He already made so much money being an NFL star but wanted more. He is a very selfish man. He would raise these Pits to fight and be mean and to tear the other dogs up. As you know I own a Pitty of my own. His name is Bentley and he's a Pit Bull/Lab mix. I am a die hard Pit Bull lover! Ever since we rescued Bentley from a neglected and abusive home I have fallen in love with the breed and learned so much about them. Bentley is not aggressive, mean, or anything bad. He's sweet, super cute, an attention whore, and love everyone! Try saying no to this face and/or neglecting or abusing this sweet puppy. It's impossible!!
 |
| My Pitty Bentley! |
Pitt Bulls already have a bad reputation and Vick makes it worse. These people act like Pitts are so aggressive and bad. They aren't in any way. If they are raised right like most dogs they are perfectly fine. Any dog could be made aggressive. I have never ment a Pitty I didn't like. I have met alot of small dogs that are wayyyy more aggressive than my Pitty. After my little boy is born and grow some we plan to adopt another dog and this time a full breed Pit Bull puppy. I want to raise it to be around small children and to be sweet like little Bentley here. It's all in how you raise a dog if it will be mean or a sweetheart.
Now I am doing all I can to educate people on how if you hear about a dog fighting ring out live in a city and see it going on to call your local police and do something about it. You could be saving a cute little life. Also I can educating people on how sweet Pit Bulls are to get more people to adopt them and have them as pets. I'm a huge animal lover and want to do all I can to make sure animals are getting taken care off and aren't abused and neglected. If you have a pet at home please give it a kiss and a hug for me. I love animals! :)
-Corissa Marie <3
0 Comments:
Post a Comment