I should have been updating this through the weekend but I forgot. So my husband's ship was one of the ships that was told to go out to sea along with the rest of the Second Fleet out of Norfolk, VA because of the hurricane. I am so thankful my fellow Navy wife friend was from PA too and was able to give me a ride the day she did. The next day my area of Norfolk was getting evacuated because it was a low lying area. If she didn't take me with her I would have been stuck in VA to ride out that crazy hurricane Irene. I stayed up to date online/FB with my news channel down there and was able to watch the weather a few times and here how everything was the whole time during the storm. I'm still in PA with my puppy Bentley all safe and sound. My husband is out to sea til mid week and then comes into port. He won't be up here til Saturday but he'll get to see how the apartment made out and how the car was on base when he pulls into NOB Norfolk. When we were leaving to head back to PA (we had car trouble and left at 6pm) we ended up getting stuck waiting for a bridge to go back down because ships was leaving Yorktown. And guess who we saw??? Yes Hubby's ship. It was so weird that they chose that time to be leaving. They left before all the fleet did. This was Wednesday night around 7pm. The Second Fleet were told to start leaving at 8am on Thursday. Here is a picture of the USS Laboon DDG 58 making here way out of Yorktown and down the river to the ocean.
We drove up that night and finally got in around 2am. I didn't care how late it was I was just thankful to be home and safe. I was glad we left when we did cuz we had no traffic and if we would have left the next day we would have been in some major traffic. I will be down to see the apartment for the first time since I left on Monday. Hubby will be up this Saturday to relax and take me back Monday. He said he would check everything on Wednesday/Thursday. I'm pretty sure our apartment is okay. I know the car is fine cuz the base did a status saying that all cars on base had little to no damage. It makes me feel so much better cuz I was worried like crazy. I knew Matt was fine on the ship but I worried about my 'home' as you would call it down there. The only place I currently live. It made me realize alot. That my apartment even though I hate it could have been completely gone because of this hurricane. All my stuff could have been blown away. All of Logan's stuff I bought him could have been gone. The car could have been totaled and not drivable. Stuff is replaceable but people aren't. I'm glad Bentley, Logan (in my belly), and I were safe and sound in PA at my parents house. I just can't wait for my hubby to get back!!! I miss him so much!!
-Corissa Marie <3


0 Comments:
Post a Comment