Saturday, October 22, 2011

Another Underway & A Stay In PA.

         So Thursday we found out hubby's underway schedule got changed. They told him they were due to leave on Saturday the 22nd instead. Hubby was supposed to have that weekend off and we were going home to PA to get a few things done and for him to drop me off at my parents for the time he's out to sea. Well we had to change our plans. I first freaked out cuz I wanted to go home instead of sit alone for 10 days in our apartment. We talked with my parents and they agreed to drive half way and meet us at a Sheetz in Northern Virginia. So that was the plan for Friday. Hubby had duty on Thursday so when I heard the news I knew I wasn't gonna have another night with him. I was pretty upset about it and couldn't stop crying. I ended up calling him in CCS on the ship balling my eyes out needing him. He knew it was hard on me with being pregnant. I ended up calming down that night and going to sleep.
         Friday I waited for the text saying he was off work. He got off around noon. We had to go to the NEX so he could get his new ID. We sat for a good hour before he could get it. But was it worth it! His new ID was pretty neat. He had his killed stash going on. Pretty sexy! We got snacks for the trip and stopped at the Starbucks there. We hurried home to pack the car and get Bentley. We left around 4pm. We stopped at the Mc Donald's drive thru for some double cheeseburgers (Matty's idea) then hit the HRBT I-64 traffic. We made it to Sheetz around 7:30pm where my parents had been waiting for almost an hour. We packed their car full of all my stuff. I had a few bags plus Bentley's dog bag with all his stuff. Then chatted a bit and then Matt & I and the sibs went inside to use the bathroom and grab some food. I wanted coffee but opted out. I knew I already hit my limit that day. I knew after walking back to the cars that it was time to say goodbye. I didn't cry. I just hugged him and told him I would be just fine. I told him I loved him and couldn't wait for all this to end. (The next time I would see him would be maybe Nov. 11th.) He gave me like a million kisses and then said goodbye to everyone else in the car. Before he left me he bent down to talk to my tummy (Logan). He said how much he was gonna miss him and to not kick me too too much. LOL Then I got one more kiss and he got into his car. I didn't cry and I was feeling strong. Up until I saw him pull out and go the opposite way as we were. I broke down and started sobbing. It was so hard seeing him drive away. I then wiped the tears away and was perfectly fine. I stayed very strong through the whole ride home. Had fun just bullshitting with everyone. We got in around 10pm or so. Hubby made it home a good 15 mins before we did. lol
         All and all a crazy day. But I'm just so glad to be at my parents house now. I'm glad they were able to come down and get me. If they hadn't I would be at my apartment alone and a mess for 10 days. Hubby is going to be going out to sea one more time. Then after that he'll have a free ish weekend then duty then a week of TAPS class then home for good!! I just can't wait for him to finally be done with AD. I'm tired of the bullshit the ship has done to him. Not letting him get paper work done he needed to get done. Not letting him take all the terminal leave he deserves. Not letting him find time to get another job so we can get the VA Loan we need for the house. Not letting him have time to relax and de stress. They made his life soo stressful these past few months. Poor man. So I decided to stay up in PA for prolly the whole time. No need to really go back. No point. He's always out to sea and never home. Plus with me being closer to my due date I need to get a doctor up here and start some classes. I already filled out a fax release paper so all I have to do is call my new doctor's office and make an appointment. Will be doing that Monday morning. It's getting closer and closer to December. I so can't wait!! =]
           So Today I cleaned my brother's room up since this is where I will be staying for who knows how long. Maybe even after Logan is born. I basically cleaned everything out of it and moved it into his crazy closet. I then dusted and vacuumed. Moved all the baby stuff from my shower that was crowding the living room into his room. Then organized my things. It looks pretty nice in here now. All clean and all my space.  It was a big accomplishment for me today. Then around 8pm or so Matt messaged me on FB and we chatted back and forth for a good 20mins. He's doing good and happened to be on watch. He's too cute about it. He told me he would talk to me again tomorrow afternoon. :) Just knowing he was okay and in a good mood made my day better. I worry about him and his moods since they have him crazily stressed out.
            I miss my husband alot right now but am being strong once again. Focusing on myself, my son and my dog. Getting some things done while he's finishing his duties in the Navy.

-Corissa Marie <3

0 Comments: