Sunday, October 2, 2011

Underway or Not?

Hubby was due to go underway Friday afternoon. Well around 3pm I got a phone call from him saying he was coming home after work and that they weren't leaving because a piece of equipment almost blew up. With me being pregnant I was emotional either way. I cried cuz I was so excited he would be coming home that night. I had a weird feeling that morning that they wouldn't be leaving that day. I don't know why. So he came home a little after 5pm that night. I had made him a nice relaxing dinner of pizza. LOL We relaxed and watched TV on the couch and snuggled. He ended up going to Starbucks and getting us coffee so we could sit out on the balcony on a nice chilly night. It's what we love to do during the fall. Of course I had my Pumpkin Spice Latte. YUM! Then on Saturday (yesterday) we still weren't sure if they were leaving that day or not. They still had to get the new part and get it fixed. So I got a text around 3pm saying he would be home around 4-5pm. I was so excited! Cuz I got another day with him! He didn't get home till after 6pm that day. I didn't care that he got off late. I was just glad I got another night with him! I felt amazing to be with him! We had a lovely time just laying down, snuggling, holding hands, and just being together. I felt like all the fighting and hard time between us went away. Like we started over. I am very thankful for the man I have in my life. He takes care of me and does his job. He is my hero!

So today he had duty anyway and had to go into work. So I don't get to spend time with him today. It don't bother me much cuz either way they are leaving tomorrow morning. I am just happy to have two extra nights with him. I feel so lucky. I swear the ship did me a favor for once. She gave me more time with my hubby. So Laboon.... I no longer hate you... :) He called me tonight to talk and tell me about his day. They got the machine running again so tomorrow they can leave. He will be back Thursday night so It's all good. Gives me a few days to work on school work, clean the apartment from top to bottom, paint a few things for Logan's room, take care of Bentley, and relax my pregnant ass. I am thinking more positive about life. After this Underway this week things are gonna get easier for Matthew and I. He will have more time to get things ready for when he takes terminal leave at the end of this month or November. He needs to go to the dentist, get new glasses, take his TAPS class, and figure out stuff with us moving back home. We still have to get the papers in stone on buying the house through my parents neighbor. Yes we are buying the house next door to my parents. LOL Hopefully things go well. The stress in our home will be alot easier to deal with. Not gone but deal able.

It keeps me going knowing life is gonna get easier here soon and we will be moving back home to PA. Logan will be on his way in about 12 weeks. I can't freaking wait!! Life is really great! Staying positive and strong for my family.

-Corissa Marie <3

0 Comments: