So recently I heard a story about mold growing in Lincoln Military Housing in Norfolk, VA. (Where my husband is/was stationed) I saw this on the local news down there. Military wives had been complaining for a long time that their were issues with mold. LMH told them it was just dust or everything was fine and not to worry. The children were getting sick alot. The families were developing health problems. They had inspectors come in and find mold growing everywhere. The one woman had her wall opened up and with in 3 hours she was vomiting and getting sick. She was told it contaminated her whole house. She had to throw out almost all here furniture and her bed. Her poor children were very sick. She is also suing the housing company for this. (Power to her!!) Here are two stories WTKR News Channel 3 did about mold in these homes.
( Story 1 Story 2 ) (8pm Update: Story 3 )
Lincoln Military Housing has yet to comment on these actions. They haven't done a thing about the reports of mold. My opinion in all this is LMH should have to fix these houses and not just clean them up for the next family. If it comes down to it rebuild! Money should be going to keeping these families safe while their husband is gone then who has the better technology on a ship. To me our ships are fine for now. We are getting out of a war zone and it's time to send these troops home. ALL of them. LMH is to me a piece of shit for not helping these families or caring that these kids are getting sick. I once wanted to live in housing here but not anymore. Not ever! I will not be used and told I'm wrong for thinking something is wrong with my home. These people are so disrespectful. I feel for all the families who had to move out and find housing somewhere else because their home had mold and their children got sick. I feel for the families who have no where to go and are still living in these disgusting conditions. It's not fair. Military Housing should be better than this!!! Shame on LMH and the Navy for not doing anything. I'm VERY proud of the wives who had come forward and brought this to everyones attention. They need justice in all this! They need respect and a home they don't have to worry about when they already have to worry about if their husband is coming home or not.
I'm proud to be a military spouse and very thankful for what we have and the things we are able to do. Lincoln Military Housing just makes me so mad. I would expect so much better from them. So lesson learned people. You can't always trust something military run or base housing. This was a different post than what I normally do but felt it had to be done. I'm speaking my mind for those who need help. I'm proud of these ladies for coming forward. I will never be told to keep my mouth shut. Don't EVER let anything take advantage of you! Speak your mind and be who you are!!! Gotta raise a little hell sometimes! =]
-Corissa Marie <3

1 Comments:
What I think is funny is there is black mold on the ship... oh yes there is... And they don't clean it up. Because it's a biohazard. They just know where the mold is and umm what I don't know. But it irritates me my husband works on a ship with BLACK MOLD!!!
Post a Comment