Friday, February 4, 2011

An Eventful Day...

So last night I had the perfect idea to just dress up for Matt's homecoming anyway. I wasn't going to but I thought why not. Why not make it special and sexy for him. He will love it! So I talked to my mom about it and she said yes. My dad had a Dr's appointment today so we had to come with too. So my brother, sister, my mom, & dad & I pilled into the car and went. After my dad's appointment we stopped at Maguire's Ford in Hershey. My dad was looking at this used truck he wants to get. They filled out papers and hopefully soon they will be getting it. I also have my eye on a car I want to get. I really want a Dodge Ram 350 Cummins with a lift kit but I found this car that caught my eye since were moving to Key West, FL.


       After that we went to the Dollar Store to pick up a few things. I found a few snacks that I haven't seen since I was little & a framed picture of Audrey Hepburn in "Breakfast At Tiffany's" ($10) for our apartment. I just love Audrey in this movie! One of my favorite movies of all time! I knew it would be perfect for out place! It was that or a Marilyn Monroe picture. I like Marilyn Monroe but not as much as Audrey Hepburn. 


      After leaving there we finally got to Dress Barn so I could try and find a nice dress to wear and a pea coat to go over it. The sales lady was so sweet and helped me find the perfect dress! I'm not uber in love with it but I know Matty will love it! I'm not posting a picture because it's a surprise for my husband but I will post a picture of the pea coat I got. It's freakin amazing! I love it! I've never had one before. It was originally $100.00 but it was on sale of 60% off so I got it for $40.00. I also picked out a pair of heals and stockings. Yes I know heals! I normally don't buy heals because they make me taller than Matt because him and I are the same size. I hate being taller than the man. But for this occasion I decided to anyway. I wanted to be girly and old school Military Spouse. I wanted to show him how much I've taken on the role of being a milspouse and supporting him on the home front. So I got everything I need all at Dress Barn. I was surprised because I don't normally shop there. I'm not much of the girly type but I felt this was a time I needed to be girly for him. I got the dress, the shoes, the coat, and all I needed was the man. =]



      When we got home my package I ordered was sitting on the steps. I was so excited. A couple weeks ago I ordered a customized teddy bear made out of NWU's from Soldier Inspired. Well I finally got it! It is so darling! Check out her FB page & site. She is an Army wife who has a talent for making craft things out of uniforms. 


     So my day turned out to be a very great day! I got an amazing outfit to wear for Matt's homecoming, hung out with my family, & got a new teddy to add to my collection of Navy bears. All & all a good day. Better than it has been. One thing that could make it better would be to finally hear from my hubby but I doubt that one. It's okay thought. He's doing his job. and I couldn't be any prouder! :)


-Corissa Marie <3

2 Comments:

the princess said... [Reply]

I am totally ordering one of those bears. I have a bunch of mil. bears from the s/o already, but that one is too cute!

Linglestownchick85 said... [Reply]

I love dress barn.I have a few outfits from there.