Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ice Storm 2011

So we knew it was coming. The Ice Storm.... Well it came and this is what it left....



Driveway

Matty's Car


Zander & Bentley 

Schools closed again around here. My brother & sister are home again. Just relaxing with the puppies today. Nothing new going on. Other than a few things on my mind........

I talked to Matt about the idea I had about getting an anchor tattoo. I know, I know it was to be a surprise but I wasn't sure if he was getting out of the Navy or not. He loved the idea & told me to get it anyway. He's staying in the Navy so I can get it and not look like a loser. So I guess Chelsea & I will be going to check out prices and stuff this week. I'm so excited about this tattoo. Matty is gonna love it! Also on my mind is the whole moving stuff. When he gets back were gonna have to figure out what were doing. If we want military housing were gonna have to get on that housing list fast. I want to be able to move in asap after we move. I just get stressed out about it. We still don't know how were moving all our shit. Like our selves or have movers do it. But I don't like the idea of movers touching my stuff. Or my stuff getting lost or damaged. Plus I'm nervous to move to Key West, FL. I've never even been to FL let alone Key West. I'm not a huge fan of beaches or the ocean lol (yet I married a sailor, go figure) lol Another thing on my mind is thinking about the Homecoming. Like how will it be? Will I be okay or get sick that day? Will I cry? What will I wear? What will it feel like? Will everything be okay that day? or Will I freeze my ass off? So many questions.... I'm going to the before Homecoming party at the bowling ally on base with Brittany. Should be fun! I'm nervous & excited. I've never done anything with the FRG before and idk how I'll like it. I'll feel like such an outsider. lol Just so much on my mind lately. I just want my hubby to come home so I can feel normal again. I hate sleeping alone. I was just getting used to sleeping with my amazing man and now I sleep snuggled with my Sailor teddy bear. Oh how I miss being with Matty. He's is my best friend. I do everything with him. I hate being alone here. I don't have many friends and alot of my family & friends could careless that Matt got deployed. It's like no one care anymore about America's troops. No body cares that someones son or husband or father gets deployed and won't be home for months to a year. I feel no one gives a rats ass. It's a shame. I wish I was born in the old days. Like the 50's wear the sailors and army guys hung out at bars wearing their uniforms and dancing. And the beautiful woman in dresses. Those were the days.... Back then people had respect for a soldier. 

-Corissa Marie 

1 Comments:

Rickelsnavywife said... [Reply]

I wasn't crazy about letting people pack my stuff either but I am SO glad we let them do it. We actually did a partial do it yourself move and took all the stuff we were going to need with us in the car and we got paid I think it was some $700 just to move some of our clothes, the cleaning supplies, the necessities that we were going to need. We got all our stuff back from the movers intact, nothing broken nothing missing. It was great. They unload the boxes for you when you get where you're going and you have a checklist to make sure everythings there. Although I would suggest if you do decide to let the movers do it to just stand by in the house and watch that's what we did. But make sure you have a whole day set aside it took them like 7 hours to pack a 1 bed 1 bath apt. Again good luck!