Friday, January 28, 2011

Good News!! All Hope Is Not Lost

I just got a call from the vet saying Bentley's surgery went well. He is waking up from the drugs they had him asleep with. She said to call around 4pm and then we can come pick him up. I'm so excited to get my puppy back!!! I missed him so much last night!! I snuggled with Zander but still I missed my puppy.

But the real good news is that when the vet called she said if I was still interested in finding out what he is. (we don't think he's a Pitt bull mix we think maybe Amstaff but we deff know he's part lab.) I said yeah but said how we weren't sure if my husband was gonna stay in the Navy or not because of it. She said that she would write a letter stating that he is a boxer/ lab mix because she has seen ones that look just like Bent. And they can't really figure out what he is and people aren't gonna question a vet's letter. So Maybe my husband doesn't have to get out anyway! I'm so excited! We can get military housing and everything!! I just don't wanna PCS to NAS Key West, FL so I hope he can get his orders changed. I seriously thought I was gonna have to move back home. I don't wanna move back home just yet. I wanna see my husband go far in the Navy. He is an amazing sailor!

We still have to sit down and talk when he gets home to see what he wants to do. I vote for him to stay in the Navy and make a career out of it! The reason he was thinking of getting out was because we thought Bentley was a Pitt bull /lab mix or a Amstaff /lab mix and we can't have them where were PCSing too. & military housing doesn't allow Pitts. So I am thankful that the vet is writing this letter. It's a shame that a dog so amazing as a Pitt bull could be used for fighting and drugs and stuff. I hate how states have banned them. If they see one they will straight up shoot it. They don't care. We still don't know what Bentley really is but she believes boxer/lab mix so thats what were going with. Matt was seriously gonna get out of the Navy because they wanted him to choose the Navy over his family & dog. hahaha There stupid! The military isn't everything and I won't let it ruin myself. My dog is my best friend (next to my hubby) and he's like a son to me. He's family! I don't have children so he's the closest thing I got to a child. I love my family! :)

Bentley comes home after 4pm so I'll post a picture or two then. =]


UPDATE: Bentley is home now. He's very out of it. But doing very well. Here are a few pictures. :)




-Corissa Marie <3

0 Comments: