So on Tuesday I woke up to a text from my hubby. He was at work down at the ship yards. It said "On my way home... I'll Explain" So I was kinda like whats going on? He was supposed to be on duty and all of a sudden he's coming home? I was so confused. He got home and sat me down on the couch. He told me that he got orders today saying he had to fly out then meet up with the ship. I was like "WHAT!?!" He said they must have got shit messed up and his current ship was trying to figure out why his CO ship needed him so bad. and They were trying to save him from having to go. The ship needed him more than the one that's deployed. So we were waiting to find out if he really was leaving or not. We didn't eat anything that day so we ran to Panera and got lunch and came back relaxed. Then someone from the ship called him saying they tried everything to keep him hear. They didn't have time to write up a paper to send it out and save him. So he had to fly out the next day. On a good note the ship is due back in a little over a month. =]
Yesterday was prolly the hardest day for me. I made sure he was packed and taken are of. I stayed very strong. He was so proud of me. So since I can't drive and know really no one down here, we arranged for my dad & his dad to drive down from PA (where we grew up) and pick me, my dog, & Matt's car up on Saturday. So I have today & tomorrow by myself. It's so weird to think I'm alone in a state by myself and he's far far away. He tried face timing me at 8 this morning and I missed it. :( So we'll see when he calls. I just have so many emotions rolling through my body. I'm being very strong but at the same time I'm really sad.
We were having problems for a while since he came back from his IA deployment in May '10. We were going to counseling for about a month. We really were trying to work stuff out. Now knowing that we had only a day together. We made the best of it. We snuggled in bed. I just miss laying down with him, with my head on his chest. I feel I've fallen more in love with him through this whole thing. It's going to make us stronger and make us closer. Deployments suck over all but maybe it''ll be good for us. Plus we'll get more money which we need. So I'm staying positive with this whole thing and not looking at the negatives other than how much I miss him.
Now going home will be very good for me. I'll be staying with my parents in Middletown, PA at there new house over looking T.M.I. =] I'll be able to spend time with family & friends. I'll be staying busy. I do have a few things I need to get done while I'm up. I need to get my dog Bentley fixed at one of the Animal Hospitals in the area. Also I need to see a Dr. to get back on some Anti- depressant and anxiety meds. I need to get new glasses too since mine are from when I was in 11th grade. blahh... I wanna get a hold of a bunch of friends and family and spend time with them. I wanna make the best out of this crazy time. I'm gonna try and blog more and keep my feelings on my blog and vent and let it out. I hate keeping things bottled up. I just want my husband back so I can be happy and stop feeling this weird feeling.
xoxo
-MC
4 Comments:
You are so strong, and you are going to be just fine. I can't imagine having only one day of notice, that would be horrible, but you are going to be okay, and I think it's great that you are using the time to make some changes and get stuff done :) Just wondering, btw, why can't you drive?
Well long story. But my parents didn't teach me when I was 16. We didn't have alot of money and we only had one car. So I had to have people drive me everywhere. It sucked. They also thought since I have anger problems that I would have bad road rage which I think might be true. lol But I did have my permit has year in PA but it ran out. So now as being 20, Matt was supposed to teach me but it never happened. I've only been in parking lots. Never been on the road. EVER! So hopefully when we move I will be in driving school and learning so never time he gets deployed I don't have to go back home to my parents house.
Oh, that makes sense. Well maybe you should do drivers training while he is gone. It would be something to keep you busy, and you would be doing something productive! :)
If I didn't have to change over my address to be a PA resident again and get a permit, I would but I would be changing it back in like a month so it wouldn't work out to well. But I think I'm gonna get it done when we PCS cuz I've already looked up a driving school plus the roads around VA suck with shitty drivers so waiting til we move would be better. I'll be staying busy though once I get home to PA. :)
Post a Comment